Jones College Commitment

Since 1918, Jones College has provided unique educational opportunities for our many students. As we have for the last 99 years, Jones College takes its educational commitment to its students seriously and has worked diligently to ensure that the closing of Jones College was as smooth as possible for the students, faculty, staff and the community.

How do I obtain a transcript?

Jones College students may request a transcript by contacting the Commission for Independent Education:

How can I continue my education?

To ensure that students have a reasonable opportunity to complete their programs of study and have the resources needed to pursuit their chosen careers, Jones College has partnered with Keiser University in offering a number of benefits that have been put in place specifically for our attending students at the time of closing. Jones College has also received continuous support and cooperation from the following local colleges and universities during our closing transition. Please contact any of these institutions for more information.


Name of Institution




Keiser University,



FSCJ-Florida State College
at Jacksonville


Columbia College,


Strayer University, Jacksonville


How do I access information about my federal financial aid history?

Visit the following website to obtain information about your federal financial aid history:

How do I reach the Department of Education and/or veterans affairs?

Department of Education:

Visit to review your remaining eligibility for certain federal student aid programs.

Important Note: Remember that you can no longer use your Federal Student Aid PIN. You’ll need to create an FSA ID – a user name and password – to access your loan history.

If you have further questions, feel free to call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.

Veterans Affairs:

Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551 for information on GI benefits and remaining entitlement.

Where can I find information about academic loan discharge?

Contact these agencies to find out if you are qualified for a loan discharge:

Federal Student Aid, An Office of the U.S. Dept. of Education

IRS, Student Loan Cancellations and Repayments Assistance

Loan discharge application: School Closure Form